I am not going to lie this isn’t the tastiest thing I have made on this blog. In fact my boyfriend took one sniff of it and said outright that he would not drink it. But it’s good for you and, well I wanted to play with my juicer.
It’s creation is part of my lazy attempt at self improvement, to get a few more fruit and vegetables in me, in the hope that it will counteract 9 months of cake blogging.
One of my favourite bloggers, Cupcakes and Cashmere writes a list of 10 things that she hopes to do over the summer each year. I was actually quite surprised when I read the post as it really doesn’t feel like summer over here. It has been a regular topic of conversation (you know us Brits we do love a good talk about the weather), apparently this week we’re going to be treated to our first dry weekend since March!
It felt really odd walking to the cinema last night (Avengers is AWESOME!!) as it was 8pm and still light out, as with all the miserable weather we’ve been having lately it felt more like late autumn than late spring.
Back to the summer plan, I tried this last year (pre-blog) as it appealed to my love of list making, but I only managed 5 out of the 10. Hopefully the publication of this year’s list will help me to get 100%.
1. Sort out my wardrobe. It is full of clothes I never wear, and I can never find the clothes I like, which has resulted in piles of clothes littering my bedroom – something has to be done.
2. Continue running 3 times a week, and take up some toning exercise at home and tennis on Sundays.
3. Go on a pub walk – I’ve been wanting to explore the local countryside for years!
4. Have a picnic in Whitstable.
5. Go to a pick-your-own berry farm as my strawberry plants don’t look all that promising.
6. Organise my photos and set up a proper backup system for my PC
7. Visit a brewery – Shepherd Neame is only a short bus/train ride from me.
8. Make time to take my parents dog Jasper out for a few walks on warmer days.
9. Visit a castle – there are so many near me to choose from!
10. Go to Greenwich for the day to see the Cutty Sark, Thames Barrier and the market.
from Waitrose Magazing
makes 2 glasses – each glass is 2 of your 5 fruit and veg daily portions
handful of spinach
1 stick of celery
half a cucumber
2 red apples
ice to serve
Put all the ingredients – apart from the lime and ice – through a juicer and stir well.
Pour over ice and top with freshly squeezed lime.